Polyglass U.S.A., Inc., a leading manufacturer of roofing and below-grade waterproofing systems, has released a new structural waterproofing membrane product for the building envelope, Mapeseal™ GC.
It is a single-component, fast-curing, cold-fluid-applied, monolithic waterproofing membrane ideal for vertical and horizontal surfaces and damp and green concrete applications.
A seamless, 100%-solids, moisture-curing waterproofing membrane, Mapeseal GC is compatible with common construction materials such as concrete, concrete masonry units (CMUs), stone, metal, plastic (PVC and ABS), wood (pressure-treated and fire-treated), rigid insulation, and insulating concrete forms (ICF).
Mapeseal GC will not shrink and is VOC-compliant in virtually all municipalities. Its low odor makes it well-suited for use in and around occupied spaces.
Features and Benefits:
• Single-grade membrane for vertical and horizontal applications
• Can be applied in a variety of thicknesses or with reinforcement, making it customizable to any job
• Does not require a primer
• Applies easily with no mixing or special equipment required (can be applied by roller, brush, trowel, or squeegee)
• Free of solvents, tar, and asphalt.